1.16.2006

erika, can i suck on your beads?

robot city
slide by me

so................ ............. .............................................................................

feeling pretty relaxed, kinda out of it, wishing i had more sweet spumanti. also wishing my cramping uterus would kindly walk wriggle 15, maybe 25 yards away from my body to commence its painful kneading.

the weekend past was so wonderful, in so many ways.
a. 3 day weekend.
b. 2 day long GFSS (girlfriend sweatshop).
c. greek grits casserole.
d. chocolate fondue.
e. $32 spent on mohair yarn.
f. 2nd "office (bbc)" marathon
g. illicit bead store visits.

erika, me, meaghan & virginia. in gainesville. knitting and watching the office. eating, eating, eating. then eating some more. lots of excellent coffee to keep our energy cells fully charged. going to bed late, sleeping in. did i mention eating? mmm... brownie brick. brick o' brownie. boy gossip. boy advice. wine. champagne. mimosas. erika learning how to rim a martini glass. my bead sucking fetish. meaghan's insane cooking skills. virginia's genetic lack of toes.

ok, i made that last one up. she's got cute toes, but i bet the lack of said toes would make a great ice breaker at parties.

i broke out my film camera and took a few photos, mainly of meaghan's babies, lucy & junie. hopefully they come out - the black and white film i used has sorta expired. like, in 2004. oopsie? yea, it's been a while. or maybe i already ordered it that way from bhphoto... hmm... doubtful. in any case, trying to think in black and white is effing hard when you've only shot in color for soso long. we'll see how they come out in 2 months when i scrape up the cash to develop them. ... huh. or maybe i can develop them myself... does developer ever expire?

let me check the container. nevermind. it's gone. just stopbath & photo-flo. argh.

10 comments:

Monkey said...

Chocolate fondue sounds wonderful. Sounds like a good antidote to the Godzilla Uterus. Mean cramps. Go away!

Christopher D. Bate said...

I should suck more beads. I'm not sure why i just said that.

fb said...

Giant Roboto

madge said...

Aren't those weekends THE BEST? Also, I am so happy to learn that you're shooting B&W film! Like the crazy man on the trail said one day:

FILM RULES! Also, he gave the double thumbs up.

Bee said...

Spumanti? As in the fizzy delicious alcoholic beverage? The poor person's champange, or more accurately, My Champange? Yes, I'll have some!

Sleep Goblin said...

You suck beads?

What did you make during GFSS? Can I join?

kimberlina said...

monkaykay - godzilla uterus! i love it!

christopher - there is never enough bead sucking. never.

fb - domo arigato

madge - did you hear nikon is lessening its emphasis on film? :(

bee - i heart spumanti. it's a "fizzy lifting drink!"

sleep goblin - GFSS has turned into girlfriend talk-a-lot. :) i am knitting a lace scarf, which, if i can find my digital camera... i'll post a pic of it!

Bee said...

It lifts me right into a nice, fat hangover, but...Yum!

Rowan said...

never had grifts, always wanted to...hope your pms is gone by now,where did you find spumanti? I haven't had it in years and love it!

kimberlina said...

bee - no kidding, right? sparkly drinks fizz my brain right up! it's all about the water drinkage.

rowan - grits have always been grossly snotty in my mind. these grits were INCREDIBLE.