2.24.2006

argh.

whilst radio-surfing on the way home tonight, i happened across this lovely bit of "music"

"What Would You Do?"
(feat. R. SmKelly)

Hello, ladies {Hello} (oh, i'm no lady)
How are y’all doin’ tonight {Fine}
Can I keep it real {Yes} (please do)
And say what’s on my mind {Yes}
(is someone talking?)

There you are in that chair (this is true, sublime poetry)
Waiting for me to take you there (yay! a rhyme! gold star!)
To break it down and sing to you
And make you feel these words are true

Who’s gonna be the lucky one
Who spend some money on ‘em and have some fun
Tell me, I choose you
(uh, what? did you actually just sing that? ::disbelief::)

(What would you do) What would you do if I said all of
these words were true (one would hope you're not a liar)
(What would you) What would you do if I came down here
and sat with you (::raises eyebrows::)
(What would you do) What would you do if I told the
band to break it down
(Ooh) What would you do if I said I wanna lay you down
(quite possibly, kick your beanie-weenie)


(What) What would you do if I put this money in your
hand (take it and drop you like a greased pig on a hot summer day)
(Would you do) What would you do if I said I’d like to
be your man (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
(What would you do, baby) What would you do if I
brought you up here on this stage (break it down, david-brent-style)
What would you do if (Tell me), what would you do (i already told you, deaf boy)

Tell me who out there feels lucky
Wants me to take ‘em shopping and buy ‘em everything
Hmm, I choose you
(wtf.)

(blah blah, repeat repeat)

(Ow) (ow?) What would you do if I put this money in your
hand
(Out this money on your hand, baby) What would you do
if I said I’d like to be your man
(Be your man) What would you do if I brought you up
here on this stage
(Right up here) What would you do if, what would you
do (What if I got your)

Hair done (Yeah), nails done (Yes, I will) (... you're getting your nails done, too?)
Toes done (And) bank account (I’ll even take you) (what a gentleman)
Shoppin’ (Girl, I will) if you be good (You’ll have) (if i "be" good?!? arrrrrghghghghagdf!! $^%$*&^##%&^%$$&&^&((*&))&^$#&%%&^%*&(*&^^&$#$^^&!!#$*&)(% ::gaspgasp::)
Your own car (And the) platinum credit cards
(oh yea, that's the way to woo. money. impressive.)

*gasp* my own car?! amazing. this song, was... just... incredible. awe-inspiring. and that is meant... not in a good way. "awe."

12 comments:

Sleep Goblin said...

holy crapola.

as funny as your comments were, it wasn't funny enough to make that song come out even. still definitely in the negative there.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Hey! Hey! I've changed my address. If you still want be be blog buds then adjust your links to the following:

www.christopherbate.blogspot.com

I can be found here from here on in...

Bee said...

Whatev. A man that can sing about toenails is a man indeed.

I suddenly have to pee.

kimberlina said...

sleep - i know, this song makes me sad & frustrated. please, make me your "object" of affection that you can easily buy with a car and platinum credit cards. ... fuck, that is appealing. but really, i think you know what i mean. fun to talk about, dream about, but to seriously sing about? like, in a love-song kind of way?

chris chris - will duly update! :)

bee - i think it was the 2.5 cups of "thick & muddy" that you downed this morning. coffee really "gets you going." man, i hate that phrase!

Bee said...

No, it's an R. Kelly thing. He likes the 'showers' so to speak.

Oh nevermind.

kimberlina said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo.


...
gross.

Tits McGee said...

Yeah, I think there's a line missing here. Goes something like "What would you do if I put this pee-pee in your hair?"

I can't believe that child-molesting, golden-showering freak still has a career.

*shudder*

madge said...

I love me some R. Kelly play-by-play. Did you happen to catch his dramatic 10 part rap-opera, "In the closet?"

IT WAS THE GREATEST THING OF ALL TIME.

Willie Baronet said...

I was going to say that made me pee myself, till I got the other pee reference.

Suffice it to say, it was fun-knee.

U craka me up.

kimberlina said...

tits - hahahaha! but really, it's sad that some people have "careers" and are so famous. really, really sad.

madge - i'm going to have to say no. but looking it up on wikipedia found this: Detractors of the song argue the story is told with a choppy, semi-literate tone, while the music and vocalization are the same in every part of the song. Kelly maintains that he is a genius for pioneering what he calls, "hip-hopera." "hip-hopera?" holy fuck.

rrramone - ok, seriously, i have to pee now. hold on.

joe - i guess it's the money. some women have no morals. *sigh*

Bee said...

How about adding the above song...in Chinese?

Madge, somethingawful.com has Cliff Notes for 'Trapped in the Closet'!!!!

Willie Baronet said...

I made you buy a sketchbook?

My plan is working! :-)