4.25.2006

when wasps attack!


when wasps attack!
Originally uploaded by gimchi.
teehee!

so i'm sure star and rachel are soooo pissed that they didn't get a picture of me garbed for our de-wasp-nesting and small yard cleanup day.

our backyard has been overgrown with crazy vines and wasp nests; you can get an idea of it behind rachel's head (on the right). and there was NO way we wanted to get stung. also, i'm completely wasp paranoid. i had a wasp swarm incident when i was younger that's scarred me, so let's say that as bulked up as these two are in clothing... i was even more so, if that's possible.

sweatpants over jeans. long sleeve shirt over a turtleneck. black scarf around the head w/ an orange kerchief taped to the top to protect my delicate scalp (thanks star). we taped our shirts and pant legs and gloves so no wasps would climb into our clothing.

really freaking hot? yes.
overboard? yes.
no wasp stings? YES!

star and rachel totally rocked the backyard and it's super clean and ready for a veggie garden.

thanks so much for helping me to overcome my wasp fear, star & rachel!!

7 comments:

Tits McGee said...

That is in no way overboard. You couldn't get me within ten feet of a wasp's nest. They scare the hell out of me. So go you!

Bee said...

THAT, my dear, is friendship. I will now make MY friends come over and help me overcome a bug phobia. Let's de-spider my crawlspace!

madge said...

Cutest pest control duo ever!

kimberlina said...

tits - thanks for not thinking us psychos. wasps creep me the fuck out. before we cleaned out the backyard, i'd sit out there, watching them with sick fascination while my skin crawled.

bee - i don't think i'll EVER get over my roach phobia. it seems so ridiculously silly to be afraid of a bug, especially when i like beetles... but jesus h christ. weird hairy roach legs? ::SHUDDER::

b.o.b.i. - thanks much for the nuptials! what a funny word. nuptials. nuptials. *teehee* also, can you please please please post the llama cheesecake dance on your website? i'll give you $1. :)

madge - aren't they! star was just so sweet when she was taping me up - i think she did it more for her enjoyment than for my safety. awww...

Bee said...

You almost made me barf in my breakfast talking about hairy roach legs.

Thats it...::barf::

I haven't even seen the Llama Cheesecake Dance! I have seen the Spanky Dance though! I think all men are born knowing how to do the Spanky Dance.

Sleep Goblin said...

Ain't no way in HELL I'd help you de-spider your crawl space. NO WAY. But I might be convinced to tape up and tackle wasps.

kimberlina said...

bee, that's what i'm here for. anytime, my dear, anytime. ;)

and sleep - i'll be sure to invite you next time i let my backyard look like the viet cong.