6.11.2006

strange burning aromas coming from the vicinity of my brain...

i found the neatest site while doing my assignment for my library class today (yes, it is due on monday).

check it out - internet resources arranged by topic! i love when finding information gets easier.


while writing my paper, i've realized how rusty i've become in trying to get my thoughts written down in a coherent manner. i took 2 courses 2 semesters ago, but those were science courses requiring memorization and not actual thought and idea cohesion. i can't wait until i'm back up to speed and don't have to stop and knit my brow in confusion when trying to find the right word to type.

also, thanks to sleep goblin, my internet girlfriend, for being my firstest etsy customer!

weekends truly pass by all too quickly. saturday was spent researching and hanging out w/ jen at borders. in the evening i went to red room cinema's show at the oliva cigar factory. i believe it is the last, if not one of the oldest, wooden cigar factories in ybor. we found it funny that a cigar factory would be made of wood.

and holy hell, was it hot. and humid. i would equate it with the appleseed cast/aloha/candybars show in temperature. what's up with venues in florida not having air conditioning? are they asking for me to pass out and sue them?

sarah, her brother and g/f, rosie and jesse braved the heat and came out to the show. ... who am i kidding? they had no idea it would be that hot. thanks so much for sticking it out! and truly, we were sticky. more ya ya sweat. (i actually dislike that word, i need to find a better cute nickname.) thankfully we were able to hang out near the non-existant air conditioner's intake for a while. it was the only place you could actually feel air move unless you were right in front of a fan. it was a heaven of swirling air. our crowded bodies must have caused it to short out, because it stopped completely by the time rrc went on. at one point at the end of the show i had to leave and go outside from dizziness.

and afterwards, new world brewery and then gyros! delicious, lamb-y, yogurt-y, onion-y, tomato & lettuce-y goodness. and garlic. oh lord, the garlic.

::tummy rumble::

and for real - some of the ladies walking the street in ybor are *skanks.*

6 comments:

Christopher D. Bate said...

Nice new summer digs! Coooool!

Tits McGee said...

Gyros! YUM!!! I'm totally hungry now.

Sleep Goblin said...

I keep going back to see if you've added anything. I'm obsessed!

Tits McGee said...

Oh - also, your skanks link is no good, which totally bums me out, because I heart skanks.

madge said...

The venues aren't hot, Kim.

YOU ARE BABY.
You're bringing the heat.

Join ALA! You won't be sorry, and you get a fantastic rate for being a student ($25!).

Let's take Tits to Ybor. It would be fun.

Ms. Adventures said...

Wow! You've been having fun!

You're so crafty! :highfive:

I love gyros too!

Skank link didn't work for me either.... I was disappointed too :(