11.10.2006

come into my parlor....

i've decided to show off my messy craft room! exciting, no? anthony is kind enough to give me an entire room all to myself and my crafting, and what do i do with it? vomit forth clothes and papers. thankfully, i've actually started using it.

parlor1
the view from the stairs... check out that mess on the floor! now, imagine it all over in cute little piles.

parlor2
here's the lightbox yen taught me how to make! there's a rock inside - one that erika painted for me in high school. i usually use it as a doorstopper. the dress form i got from rachel's sister bekah, who got it at an antique store somewhere. her name is "senorita cosa" (miss thing). and i love love love metal boxes.

parlor3
when i'm sewing, this is on a shelf to the right of me. i like jellyfish. and color. lots of color. a vomitous rainbow of color.

parlor4
gfss has business cards! we're all official now. we're also thrifty! (read: cheap) we got them printed in black and white and then painted them w/ gouche and watercolor. HAHAHAHA! they look awesome, though my green is slightly neon.
also, next time, remember to request a full-bleed, or whatever it's called.

stride1
here's us at stride for strays last weekend!

stride2
jen works for act (animal coalition of tampa), so she was running around helping them out all day. rachel and i got to love on each other by ourselves.

stride3
al lopez park. it was so great when all the people came out w/ their dogs!

bekahrachelbelle
bekah was there, too, but i don't have any pictures of her! just her legs. alas.

here's some of our stuff!

stride4


stride5

stride6

stride7

stride8
teehee!

3 comments:

madge said...

First of all, one of my favorite words is parlor. Let's say it together...parlor. Mmm. If I have a daughter, I might name her Parlor. I would name her after your parlor, of course, because it is so beautiful + inspiring + colorful. I love it all(especially your metal boxes; I will keep my eye out for you the next seven hundred times I go thrifting).

You craft. I like. Your goods are all so lovely - I am going crazy. And Jen! With the collar! Hehehe!

fb said...

Teach me how to make a lightbox too!

Tits McGee said...

I aching now.

In a good way.