11.02.2006

part II - chicago? may i have some more?

hm.

so where was i? rats.... andy's amazing breakfasts... super cold...

well, i'll just post some pictures to keep you visually, if not mentally, entertained.

chicago2
here's the bean on saturday. i didn't take any pictures of myself in or under the bean, because all the distortion made me physically motion sick (pathetic? answer: yes). also, i thought ant & dug & i would see it on sunday, but alas, we did not make it downtown.

klee
klee makes me feel good and fizzy.

dug
a picture of dug! during daylight! and you can actually SEE his face! every single picture i have of dug at a show is of the top of his head with him hunched over his keyboard. every. single. picture.

leaves3
the leaves were so incredible. such color! i heart the fall.

leaves2
and the sky became so beautiful on saturday. friday was rainy and cloudy, but it became so beautiful, and even warm, towards the end of the trip.

leaves1
at the brookfield zoo. doesn't that make you yearn for a picnic?

snailz
a lonely snail in the swamp exhibit

sleep_and_ds
sleep goblin and ds, showing off their machismo.

adventure
on the long march towards the train station, pre-argyle yuppie party.

chicago1
seriously? gorgeous. obviously, chicago needs me. and jen and rachel and meaghan and erika. because i need my girlfriend sweatshoppers. onwards, christian and agnostic soldiers!

totem
from the field museum

masks

shoes1
these are 3-inch golden water lilies. tiny shoes for rich, crippled, yet super sexy chinese women. these were SMALLER THAN MY PALM. i cannot even begin to imagine the pain, nor the stench. the shoes for a baby were larger than these.

skull

bonez
rowing away in the dino bone rowboat.

dinos2
some of the dinos were actually really quite nice.

dinos1
awww... a kiss!

dinos3
and some... were not so nice!

studio
the boys in the studio: (from the left) dug, anthony, andy, laurent

anthony2
we rocked the cb2 and trader joe's. :D

the_boyz
models on the chicago street. damn my cold shaking blur-inducing hands!

anthony
waiting for the bus with throbbing feet. we are weak.

3 comments:

madge said...

Hello, Mastercard?
Hi. I want to go to Chicago because Kimberlina's pictures hypnotized me. So, can we make this happen?

Willie Baronet said...

So I am catching up on your blog after being out of it for a while. Love these pics, and I loved the bean. I took the coolest movie of walking under the bean. And that same Klee, I stared at it for so long. Sigh.

Bee said...

Those are fantastic. I, too love what little I've seen of Chicago. We're talking about going there for my birthday, which unfortunately in January. Talk about your brr.