2.07.2006

overdue

long long ago, anthony & i got tickets to see a hockey game for christmas from his brother sal & his wife marichel. unfortunately, they couldn't make it, but star & david were more than willing to take their place. tampa bay lightning vs. the boston bruins.

we met down in ybor for (what else?) mema's tacos and took the trolley down to channelside:

hockey

trolley time
every city needs more trolleys. or monorails.

me & ant
hello grainy digital 2 megapixel camera.

seating
our seats were awesome - last row, first section. we = red dot.

pucks
this is what i've learned is "hockey."

hitler?
they had monster bags o' cotton candy! we entertained ourselves with beer, hitler-style moustaches and dippin' dots.

zamboni
zambonis are always in style.

**************************************************

continuing with the randomness:

hitachino
this is hitachino white ale - isn't that bottle adorable? it's on my stove. perhaps make it into a vase? ever since that total wine store opened up, we've been adventurous lushes.

grow like a mutha!
i bought the ladies of the girlfriend sweatshop fortune beans! open, water, give lots of love and a plant will grow with a magically lasered fortune!

beanie
a little sun, representing the "sun" of my love for it.

beanie
long life! i can't tell if it means long life for me, or long life for the plant. i (or my cat, thomas) normally kill plants within a matter of hours (poor, shrivelled husks of their former glorious selves) - this one has lived for weeks, weeks i say! perhaps the long life refers to us both. awww...

lunar new year
one of the only decent pictures to come out of chinese new year. that's my dad and older brother kevin washing dishes in the kitchen. i hail from a long line of families that keep the men in the kitchen (right, anthony?).

pleasure time
this, is a super tiny strip club on the way to anthony's practice space. seriously, i don't know if you can get an idea of how tiny it is, but it's smaller than a checker's fast food restaurant. two of me, arms stretched out, would be bigger than the front side. maybe they have a basement? also, those rounded things on the top light up, i believe. how is there room for more than 5 people? i mean, is there a bar? a stage?
weird.

thomas!
this is the view i get from cute thomas. how can you resist that belly?!

11 comments:

Bee said...

Oh those are great! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

I am eagerly shopping for a digital camera of my very own, so now I know...2 Megapixels, not enough!

Sleep Goblin said...

Bee: I have 5 Megapixels, and it's not grainy. Though I have learned that digital zoom is very sucky. Go with a real optical zoom if you can.

Kimberlina: I love you. Your posts make me happy.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's just a few minutes away from my work ! :) Netpark.. ahhh.. what a nice part of town.

J

Bee said...

Sleepy, thanks for the tip! I'll check into it, although I am on a $200 budget.

Also, we just got one of those total wine stores here in Columbia and i've been dying to check it out. Now I have an excuse, It's Kimberlina-approved.

kimberlina said...

bee - as much as i love film cameras, the ease of digital cameras has me begging for one, too. must... pay... off... credit..cards.. and total wine store = awesome. framboise lambic is my new friend!

sleep - aw, i love you, too! we will join our crafting forces together and RULE THE WORLD!

jaco - i can't wait for your boxing day party! :)

{STAR} said...

Me gusta el tranvĂ­a! The pictures are wonderful... the hockey game was awesome. My little plant is a tad smaller than yours but is growing wonderfully. Thank you so very much for the tickets and cool can plant. Hasta Pronto!

madge said...

I want Thomas! I want his belly!

The beer bottle is ooooo-h so cute (wait; owls "whoooooo" they don't "oooooo-h").

I love your hockey comic AND your trolley adventure sounds like good times! I have been behind the trolley many times getting from point A to point B and sadly, it is always empty. You go girls and boys! You are my heroes.

kimberlina said...

star - rachel's plant is HUGE. i bet she waters it with her blood.

madge - when gfss is at my house, you can snuggle his belly. he's a big'un!

fb said...

Very cool pictures...I still think it seems like a funny concept having a hockey team in Florida...its not like a sport that kids naturally grew up doing from skating on forzen lakes is it...

That strip shack looks mighty suspicious...steps lead down to a 'Men in Black' type bunker deal? or a Gimp Dungeon? Have you dared A to go in yet? On his way to practise what?

What did you do for Chinese New Year?

Willie Baronet said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Zambooooooniiiiiiiiiii...

kimberlina said...

fb - um, no, not really. i still can't even imagine skating on real ice. i've only ever done it in a rink. also, i don't think i'd ever dare A to go into a strip club. especially that one!

rrramone - so fun to say! SO. FUN!