3.13.2006

i smell like a monkey, and i look like one, too

in but 2 and half hours i will be 27.

strange, i don't feel 27. ... i feel like i'm 19 still. funny, that.

a few things:
  1. i am going to repost my new year resolutions and see where i stand on them
  2. while cleaning, i scanned in the rest of the halloween art slides and will post more of them
  3. [updated] anthony's band, red room cinema, has confirmed their april 20th show with the appleseed cast & aloha! FUCK YEA! : ) i am so excited for them; these two bands are some of their favorites (in addition to them opening previously for the timeout drawer and the mercury program). w00t!
ok, heeeere goes!

  • learn mandarin !#@$%# occassionally, at work, i'll listen to some lessons. and i've got copies of some software programs i've yet to actually *do*... i am, however, considering taking actual classes while doing my library science degree. this is a good idea, yes? i have such a mental block when it comes to learning chinese. i just need to get over it. i took mandarin 1 in college and then dropped out of mandarin 2. not because of grades. just my own weirdly fears.
  • keep craft storage room clean and operational HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • do more art i have bought a sketchbook and drew on some placemats the other day while eating dinner with anthony. this is a start.
  • do more craft erm, i started to make an ipod case.
  • do more photography i've definitely taken more photos with my camera, but lack funds to actually develop them yet. also, borrowing from the words of a genius co-worker, "the prescription in my glasses has run out and i have to get it renewed."
  • do more illustration i'm going to bulk this into "art" for now
  • eat healthy i definitely feel that i'm eating healthier. : )
  • work out more i definitely feel that i am *not* working out more.
  • buy more clothes wow, have i bought new clothes since the new year??
  • buy more shoes still making the holes in my current shoes bigger (seriously, i'm not totally poor. i just don't like to spend $50 on shoes when i could spend it on something else. like, sushi! or fabric to make my craft room shelves look pretty!)
  • learn to invest uh, ok, still working on this one
  • vacuum more i vacuumed yesterday! huzzah!
  • go camping with craig in the ocala forest well, you never know! as long as there aren't a lot of mosquitos. : p
    • ok, that last one wasn't really a resolution *teehee*

laser eyeballs
rachel

centered
me

death
me

statuesque
star

god?
anthony

9 comments:

madge said...

Wow! Happy Birthday in 31-derful minutes! Here is to 27 and learning Mandarin...

I have something cooking up for you at the Motif, but it will appear tomorrow-tomorrow (even though that's in a half hour).

Happy Happy Happy Birthday! Hugs!

Tits McGee said...

Happy Birthday, Kimberlina!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm five years older than you and still feel 19, too. I don't think that ever stops.

I love the death picture! You rock!

::making devil horns hand signal::

fb said...

I like the Death slide too, he/she/it looks a giant spider I am reminded of the monster mutant spider photograph you took...

You've had alot on your plate recently!

I'm looking to see more words and pictures from you...

kimberlina said...

madge - thanks thanks! hm, very intrigued!

tits - ::devil horns right back at ya, my 19 yr old friend:: rock it!

fb - jesus, i had almost forgotten about that monster spider. it's finally stopped haunting my dreams. ugh! :)

slayer crystal - my boyfriend spends a lot o' moolah on dvds, too. we've got quite a library. and dammit, i took 4 yrs of spanish in high school and all i can say is, "una limonada, por favor?"

Sleep Goblin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! YOU ARE THE COOLEST!

FRITZ said...

I love your resolutions.
I love the progress you've made on them.

I love the God-man.

You are one nifty chick, you know that?

fb said...

How was the birthday? Will there be pictures to see?

Bee said...

Happy Birthday, albeit probably belated by now!!!

::blows kisses::

Willie Baronet said...

I'm so glad you are back and well and posting again. Thanks for the updates on your resolutions. Yes, sushi over shoes anyday. And I love those images! What is the story behind them?