5.22.2006

blah

me without glasses. i can see! i'll definitely be keeping my glasses around for the days when my eyeballs are oxygen-starved, but for now i'm kind of enjoying not having heavy glass rest on the (small) bridge of my nose.

the scarf in the pictures is my latest finished knitting project. it's red mohair w/ blue-ish beads knitted in.

mohair is kind of itchy. : (
and fritz said that cashmere comes from goat stomach! say it ain't so!

B-HAM

birmingham was a pleasure to visit. i stayed w/ my friend michelle and her fiance, scott. we worked it out and realized that i've known michie for about 14 years; we met before 9th grade in band camp. truly a friendship meant to be, despite her belonging to the woodwind camp and i to the brass. we brass just couldn't help being so good, so jealously was obviously understandable. ;)

to use a term madge uses in her blog, i took a few "analog" photographs. in fact, i only took my film camera. which means i have no photos up yet. the plan is to do my finances tonight and figure out how much i can get developed as soon as possible. i should probably start w/ my oldest rolls first, though...

damn, as much as i love my film camera, the convenience of digital is just so alluring and seductive! oh, please me now, instant gratification digital slr camera!
but i do love the heavy *chunk* sound of my nikon shutter. it's yummy.

we ate delicious food and played with her beautiful kittens and knitted and made many many tasteless bodily humor jokes and got me addicted to 'lost.' i'm going to have to get the dvds from the library and download them to satisfy my needs.

speaking of bodily humor jokes... scott introducted me to the "wonder" of ratemypoo.com. i'm not even going to link it. i thought i could handle it, but seriously, as funny as poop is, it's not funny in real life, in color, on your monitor. my gag reflex is rather superb.

thanks scott. no, really. thanks.

man. because, really? poop is GROSS.

i gag when i clean out the kitty litter - what am i going to do if i have kids?

here are some sketches i did whilst in selma; i got to listen to michie's sermon (she's "The Rev. Michelle Freeman," after all) and while she was in her presbytery meeting, i wandered around old alabama.

selma

near selma library

i wish i could have drawn more, but 1) it was super windy and my contacts were like a desert sand dune and 2) the pastor of the church freaked me out by telling me how a girl was abducted and repeatedly raped somewhat nearby. i ended up waiting for michie's meeting to finish by waiting in the selma library reading and dousing my eyes with visine. that stuff is like eye-crack. i heart me some eye-crack.


OTHER UPDATES

ant's band, red room cinema, got to play the big heatwave concert here in tampa on saturday night. it was crazy full of old hippies and strange drunk middle aged people. it was LOUD. an excellent show, except for that huge huge roach.

rachel got engaged!!

i'm hoping to participate w/ the rest of the girlfriend sweatshop in a little craft show at the sacred grounds coffee shop!

i've been a gardening fool. i tilled half my backyard in preparation for sowing me some grass seed.

and...

i saw the da vinci code.

8 comments:

Tits McGee said...

Okay, first of all, you are so fucking cute I can hardly stand it. Even without your glasses! ;)

Also, poop is gross.

kimberlina said...

tits - it's my slanty eyes. gets 'em every time. ;)

Anonymous said...

My NIKON FM2, and the photographs I've taken with it, are the only material possesions I would bother saving in a fire.

OE

Sleep Goblin said...

Apparently, I'm on level 2: lustful... somehow, that doesn't surprise me much.

madge said...

Look at your cutie pie pictures!

The thing about analog photography is...it needs to be developed. Ugh. That's not a bad ugh, it's a lazy ugh. It's the reason why my other blog is going nowhere - every little tiny park I visit, it's with the *other* Nikon.

*Ugh*

I love your illustrations. Can we write a children's book together?

I'm so happy for Rachel!!! These things come in 3s, right?? Right?? TELL ME I'M NEXT, DAMNIT.

;)

*this is me cutting you slack for seeing the da vinci code*

madge said...

*asteriking myself silly*

kimberlina said...

oe - i don't know how i'd get all the photos i've taken w/ my trust fe2 out in a fire... i'd end up crisping myself under the heavy load. what do people do with all their photos??

sleep - man, lustful, eh? i'm glad you're my internet girlfriend. hawt! ds is a lucky, lucky man.

madge - i'm in full agreement w/ you. i think i have at least 10 rolls of film i need to get developed. maybe i'll just drop some off tomorrow... hmm. and yes, good things do come in 3s! i'm crossing my fingers for you. and toes. but not eyes, because my contacts might get stuck. and you're the *best* for cutting me slack re: said movie. it wasn't as bad as i thought, and tom hank's hair didn't come alive as a beast unto it's own! and what would our lovely children's book be about? ... maybe we can make a peta children's book about animals in slaughterhouses. kidding!

Willie Baronet said...

You are very cute without your glasses. And with. :-) And keep drawing! So glad you are still doing it. And did I hear you say you went to BAND CAMP. I think your nerd factor has surpassed mine. And I was in debate AND chess club.