8.11.2006

fingers in the raw

i've been sewing like a little busy bee as of late! and on an ebay buying craze. that site is deadly dangerous, i say. deadly. dangerous.

ipod case and thick thick interfacing? check!
4" zippers?
::struggles:: no... not.. just... yet......... must... resist... allure of ebay...

urgh.

new little pouches - i am totally in love w/ that fruit/vegetable print. it's even better in person, because the colors are little whack here. it's such a deep deep green blue. delicious and growing. and i colored in those little flowers myself! red & teal are apparently "in."
new bags

the gift i'm bringing to erika tomorrow - one of the robot bags i started AGES ago!
bag 1

bag 2

i love that i can actually post this here w/o fear of her seeing it. she's predictable like that. though i do owe her a hugely loving erika-post since i crapped out on visiting her last weekend... eep! hope she hasn't been sneaking about on the internets...

here are some old pics from the.... july crafting out loud show:

crafting out loud
me w/ my buddha latte. sweetened condensed milk is fucking amazing in coffee. you can see my pouches in the middle, star's old skool toaster covers to the right and some of rachel's little wooden paintings on the left.

crafting out loud
there's jen on the left, talking to yen, who makes beautiful, beautiful jewelry. and those are jen's books and journals!

crafting out loud
star, with her plethora of shiny record bowls - i think one of those is elton john.

wtf - no pics of rachel?? note to self: bring camera next time.


i have also been completely obsessed with tracking what i am listening to. thanks madge! she recently commented that i should "do this everyday." so that's what i do. every day. at work. i figure this could get *really* boring, *REALLY* fast, so i had to curb my list today. also because it was huge.

wait a minute.

wait a minute..........

HAHAHA! you thought you were getting away? i don't think so.

listening to:
  • terry gross interview w/ gene simmons (via unauthorized audio on wikipedia)
  • the rollercoaster ride - belle & sebastian, the boy w/ the arab strap
  • gasoline - the new year, newness ends
  • don't talk (put your head on my shoulder) - the beach boys, pet sounds (skipped halfway thru)
  • ugly - pond, rock collection
  • matinee idol - rufus wainwright, rufus wainwright
  • i hope for tumbleweeds - chin up chin up, we should have never lived like we were skyscrapers
  • the silence of underwater traffic - the cancer conspiracy, the audio medium
  • aurora - bjork, vespertine
  • ambulance for the ambiance - broken social scene, beehive
  • rookie - boy sets fire, after the eulogy
  • you too song - errortype:11, amplified to rock
  • my mother was a chinese trapeze artist - the decemberists, five songs
  • broken - audio learning center, friendships often fade away
  • new clear saturday - jejune, this afternoon's malady
  • bb mineral-love my way - mineral, &Serenading 7"
  • water your hands - aloha, here comes everyone
  • junk bond trader - elliott smith, figure 8
  • the other side - the dismemberment plan, change
  • lebanese blonde - thievery corporation, garden state
  • this hits home - the mercury program, the mercury program
  • track 05 (?) - the casket lottery
  • convict - the appleseed cast, low level owl: volume 1
  • break in the new year - cursive, the storms of early summer

i logged into my computer thru citrix.


i am a nerd.

6 comments:

fb said...

I've been introduced to last.fm by some fellow bloggers.

I wonder if Giant Robot would be interested in selling bags?

I got Mr Beast by Mogwai and am lovin it.

madge said...

I love your new bags! I love those fruit-n-veggie prints, too! I saw a quilt in Maine that had been made completely out of those fruit-n-veggie prints - but for the life of me, I can't remember who designs them...

Your robot bag looks top notch.

The colors at Crafting Out Loud are so delicious.

I love that you listened to the Terry Gross & Gene Simmons interview...I secretly like Gene Simmons! I say secretly because sometimes I hate him, too.

Tits McGee said...

Must. Have. Robot. Bag.

Seriously. I'll pay. Please?

Also, that Gross/Simmons interview made me piss my pants the first time I heard it.

PS: I'm totally serious about the robot bag.

Meghan said...

i want a record bowl! oh man... that's so fucking cool.

or a robot bag. where'd you find the print? i heart it. and i've got a friend whose birthday is coming up who would enjoy something made out of it...

ah!! demands for the robot bag abound!

---MB

word verification: unmfzfmu... what the bloody hell was the google random letter generator smoking when it came up with this?!

{STAR} said...

I want one of the veggie bags..... that fabric is awesome.

Willie Baronet said...

Yes you are a nerd, but a little less so without the glasses. :-)

So have you heard of The Thrills? Have you listened to their first CD? Addictive.