10.09.2006

possibilities

so here are the two places anthony and i are thinking to have our wedding:

1 - davis island garden club

digc
front of the little house

digc2
sneaking around the back

digc4
pussyfooting some more

digc3
patio! lights? dancing? cake?

digc5
from the patio towards the gazebo and the water

digc6
sneak peak inside - a wedding had just occurred the night before. the chairs are kinda ugly, but they have white (albiet plastic) chairs available for $2/each.

overall impressions: intimate!



2 - tampa garden club

stupidly, i think i accidentally deleted the photo of the outside! the website has a picture of the front. long lawn that leads to the road and the bay.

i admit to liking this place a little more, mostly because anthony and i went to a valentine's day dance here when we were first dating. awww....

tgc
the view of the front from the side.

tgc2
um, somewhere around the side, i think. possibly the entrance?

tgc3
the view towards the water from the front

tgc4
side area w/ cute little faux bridge.

tgc5
this was some side room that you could cordon off for the ceremony, i like this idea a lot. except i wouldn't close it off, maybe leave it open w/ the columns and something gauzy. i like gauzy.
hehe - you can see ant's face on the left in the reflection.

tgc6
the main room. there's even a stage!


overall impressions: grand!

11 comments:

madge said...

Ohhh!

So. Pretty. You are one helluva sneak peaker...

I would also sum up place number two as grand, most definitely. (Ahhh, Bayshore...sigh.)

Not that you asked, but I am completely smitten for choice number one! It's so...awesome! I heart the patio, and indeedy - overall, it is intimate and has so much character!

Tits McGee said...

I think they're both pretty, but I'd agree with Madge about #1.

That said, if #2 has sentimental value for you, I'd go with that one.

I dunno. How many peeps are you planning to invite? If < 100, go with #1.

kimberlina said...

bobi - karaoke!! awesome. bridal dunking? not so awesome. ;) oh, do explain the groom gong show theme...

madge - it is very beautiful! and you can't tell, but the neighborhood is incredible. oh, those davis island homes... we're really so torn between them.

tits - yea... our list is maxxing out at 150. still working on it, and that's a (possibly)(hopefully) huge over-estimation. as said, i'm torn, but enjoying the the lesisurely decision-making. wedding planning should = stress free!

Monkey said...

What a secret agent spy you are to get such great photos! (I loved the reflection.)

I gravitate towards #1, but only because I always go for cute and cozy. The patio with lights sounds like a beautiful idea.

But like the others said, if #2 has sentimental value, it will mean more to you in the end to have it there.

Thanks for the peek!

kimberlina said...

damn you, damn you all! first i want #2, now i want #1! *laugh* actually, i really wanted people's input so it could help me decide. now, i'm feeling much better either way we decide.

urgh.

monkey - being a secret asian (wo)man totally rawks. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! I feel less far away. Hooray for some insight with the wedding planning. I like them both, but lean towards the sentimental value of #2... And how cool to have your wedding at a Garden Club! Oh wait, they're both garden clubs.

Bee said...

I like the Grand one! Grand and Gauzy, you can't go wrong!

fb said...

Pink hotel in St Petersberg, Fl.!

Disney Wedding!!!

Ok er seriously like...at the second venue you could do a skit or an abridged movie play a la Jason Schwartzman or get Ant and the band to play on his wedding day!

Both are great venues depends how many freeloaders are coming, the second space looks like a Kubrick movie with red chairs in a white room.

Tricky from what I gather from your posts and pics I think the first venue because its close to water but if too many people show it might get cramped.

Either way I bet it'll be great!

What about Gatorworld for another option?!

OK I'll shut up now.

fb said...

Spooky there's like this guy with a beard and thisgirl with a camera projected pnto the wall of the second venue!

I was lucky enough to go to Florida twice growing up for holidays.

I guess the Gatorland made an impression, no shiny technology there just the awe of dangerous animals!

fb said...

Can you run zig zag in a wedding dress?! I mean the water is kinda close in the first picture if there were any unwanted guests!

Now are you suggesting you eat the Gators or they eat the humans?

If you are going to serve Gator whole with an apple in its mouth, spit roast style, I don't apple with mine cause I don't like cooked apples! ;)

Sleep Goblin said...

AH! My comment isn't here!! WTF??