1.22.2007

random assortments

co-worker: oh, oh wait, what's that?

me (emptying tea leaves into the trash): these? tea leaves. my dad gets lots of this really great loose oolong tea from china.

co-worker: is that your home?

me
: ...(silent but for the sound of crickets)... umm, that's my dad's home... where he was born. i was born here, actually.

co-worker
: ahhh.

(3 seconds later)

co-worker: so do you get to go to your home?

(argh!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


here's me & lisa at the hockey game:

hockey1

we are glowing with beer and cotton candy happiness! my lips are not always that red. in this case, they were probably insanely chapped and then i picked them until they bled. you do not see lipstick in as much as you are seeing red blood cells. lipstick? pah. i need not lipstick. i am au naturale.

my first youtube attempt:



check it out around second 6.
we're talking total redneck in training.

faith in humanity -2.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

homage to meaghan:

gfss14
she is truly a domestic goddess. her home is full of warmth and animals and knitting and even a little fetus named owen! check out that amazing wall, painted by her husband craig and inspired by amy butler.

gfss12

gfss6
the weather was absolutely gorgeous. erika and i laid outside for bit on the hammock while craig did some gardening and meaghan and rachel hung out in the kitchen barefoot.

gfss3
it was really bright out there.

gfss11
beautiful lucy - sex kitten

gfss10
going north a couple of hours does *wonders* for the weather as well. a teeny bit of a chill = the best excuse for a fire!

gfss8
erika fancies herself to have a little one!

gfss7
but is saddened when she realizes it is not so. her belly is presently barren of zygotes.

gfss4
even though we brought our sewing machines along with our good intentions to sew... it wasn't to be. the only thing sweating this gfss was our glasses of asti and morning mimosas! we gorged on delicious meaghan-food and tea and coffee. heavy whipping cream + espresso = liquid coffee ice cream heaven in a cup. we watched episode after episode of arrested development while knitting furiously!

gfss4
check it out -- you can't even SEE rachel, she's moving so fast. she's like a knitting cyborg machine.

gfss9
rachel's beautiful yarn. oh, hello mohair blend, i want to eat you.

7 comments:

Christopher D. Bate said...

I always love your posts because there is loads to take in. I mean that in a good way because it's a sanity saver when I'm bored, bored, bored in my crappy office.
Thanks, as ever, for sharing

madge said...

The problem is you need new co-workers (it's Tuesday!) and more weekends.

What a cozy home.
I heart anything inspired by Amy Butler.

Willie Baronet said...

Your photos are awesome! But how in the heck could you see the puck from way up there?? ;-)

Sleep Goblin said...

What are you even yelling in there?? (and by there I mean that hockey video)

Tits McGee said...

If you'd like, I'd be glad to punch your co-worker in the neck.

Than I'll make out with that yarn.

Meaghan said...

Thank you for your lovely compliments, kimberlina. You make my home look (and sound) even better than it really is!!!!!!Did you ask your co-worker how often they get to go back to the sewage treatment plant that is their home?

Next time tell them your tea leaves are the remnants of your attempt to get high during work... they might actually understand.

FRITZ said...

Firstly, I am amazed at people's idiotness. Your home? China? What?

Secondly, if you invite me to one of your knit gettogethers, I will bring you mohair goodness. I promise. I have about nine skeins of it.