1.02.2007

what?! 2007 already?

tom1
under the sheets!

the new year came and went with friends and good food. :) erika and amanda came in on sunday and were thoroughly trounced by me and anthony in pictionary. then, with laura and dan, we all trooped to MAt & amy's sister's new year's party. amy's sister, liz, makes an insanely delicious, deceptively powerful punch. seconds, thirds? anyone?

it also really hit me that i was an adult! about time, i suppose. i went out into the perfectly lanscaped backyard and watched kids run around playing and holding flashlights and telling scary ghost stories and screaming about -- and it just really struck me that i wasn't a part of that anymore. i remember being at that point. running around with the screaming kids. but instead, i was hanging out inside with all the other adults near the food and the bar, talking! it was a strange feeling. kind of nostalgic. running around screaming was a lot of fun.

the next day was lazy. really really lazy. ravioli, guacamole and trivial pursuit w/ erika and amanda. when they had to leave, ant and i did a target run and got a $100 7.5ft christmas tree for 75% off! we also got a scanner darkly and watched it while eating ice cream. such a lovely way to end the day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

new year's resolutions
  • resdesign gfss and portfolio website
  • draw more & incorporate drawings into fabrics and crafts
  • exercise more
  • send more letters and postcards to friends
  • actively tackle wedding planning
  • think about learning chinese (amended from the last 2 yrs of failed attempts to learn chinese.)
  • organize negatives and 'pictures' folder on the computer
  • bake more pies
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


and i'm totally loving on my cats lately. thomas was so cute between the mattress and the fitted sheet! what you can't see is me on the other side of the camera sweating like a stuck pig.

tom2

look! their paws are touching!!

babies

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when my cats hold hands, I mean, paws! Doing what they were born to do: sleep.

Sleep Goblin said...

I love that too!

And I am of course, once again, insanely jealous of your camera and your amazing talent with it.

madge said...

Oh! Oh!
Happy New Year!
What a fantastically snuggly duo are Thomas + Yam. That picture is breaking my heart! Actually, all of them do!

Also, I can relate to your reality check about being an adult. We notice we are adults in such unexpected ways, no?

Tits McGee said...

Can we all just please snuggle?

Those pictures are making me ache.

Happy New Year!

Sleep Goblin said...

I meant to mention that you do still run around screaming. There are pictures a little further down the page. You know, from the beach?