1.08.2007

onyx is "contemporary"

last night anthony splurged and got the scrabble onyx edition. we've been looking for a sturdy scrabble game for a long long time. the old school ones are really the best, but the hardest to find! previous "deluxe" editions have been made of cheap, barely embossed plastic that was supposed to hold the tiles. this latest edition, while not of the highest quality, is still the best one that is currently available.

so we played and ate cheesecake and anthony beat me by 100 points. *sigh* i love and curse his intelligence. probably doesn't help that he's played all his life while i've only just begun to play in the last few years. and that he got two scrabbles ("bingo" sounds idiotic). the hardest part for me is playing the board, if that makes sense. i get great words from my tiles, but on the board only amount to 9 points -- i'm not good at utilizing all those "double word" "triple letter" cells. alas!

2 comments:

Tits McGee said...

Okay, I'm totally drooling now. That Onyx edition is so going on my wish list.

I wish I could play Scrabble with you guys so that I could kick Anthony's ass.

Seriously, I'm good.

madge said...

I love me some Scrabble Dabble!

The first strategy I learned was to memorize the acceptable two-letter words.

Cheap trick.

Major points.